Facial plastic surgery is a subspecialty of plastic surgery that focuses on the face and neck. It can be performed for cosmetic reasons, to improve physical appearance and self-esteem, or to repair or correct functional impairments caused by accidents, injuries, or congenital defects.
Here are some common facial plastic surgery procedures:
- Facelift: A facelift, also known as a rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that is performed to improve the appearance of the face by removing excess skin and tightening the underlying muscles. It can be used to smooth out wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure that is performed to alter the shape and size of the nose. It can be used to correct a crooked nose or a nose that is too large or too small.
- Blepharoplasty: Blepharoplasty, also known as an eyelid lift, is a surgical procedure that is performed to remove excess skin and fat from the upper and lower eyelids. It can be used to improve the appearance of drooping eyelids and reduce the appearance of bags under the eyes.
- Otoplasty: Otoplasty, also known as ear surgery, is a procedure that is performed to alter the shape and position of the ears. It can be used to correct protruding ears or to improve the appearance of asymmetrical ears.
- Lip augmentation: Lip augmentation is a procedure that is performed to enhance the fullness and shape of the lips. It can be done using injectable fillers or by placing implants in the lips.
Facial plastic surgery can be an effective way to enhance physical appearance and improve self-esteem. It is important to carefully research and choose a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon to ensure the best possible outcome.